We’re recruiting for a fully qualified Master Mechanic to work at our busy Citroen branch in Inverness.
Full time, Monday – Thursday 8am – 5.30pm, Friday 8am – 4.30pm (30 minutes’ lunch).
Saturday working expected, depending on branch requirements.
About the role
As an Arnold Clark Master mechanic you’ll be responsible for accurately diagnosing and repairing a wide range of mechanical and electrical faults on customers’ cars. You must ensure a fantastic standard of work and aim for a first-time fix, every time.
This is a great opportunity for a Master mechanic who is looking to keep up to date with modern vehicle technologies and develop skills across a huge range of manufacturers. Ongoing training is available for the right candidate.
- Inspecting vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components and diagnosing issues accurately, using computer-based diagnostic equipment.
- Repairing or replacing broken or defective parts and confirming that defects have been resolved.
- Training other members of the team in various diagnostic and repair methods.
- Liaising with the vehicle manufacturer and customers to accurately communicate faults and repairs needed.
- Recording test results and findings and maintaining records to manufacturer requirements.
- Assisting in workshop planning and the pre-diagnosis of vehicle faults, including the speculative ordering of parts, to ensure a first-time fix.
- Road testing vehicles to check repairs.
- A minimum of Light Vehicle Maintenance Level 3 and solid, proven work experience with one of the leading vehicle manufacturers, achieving Diagnostic/Master level.
- Ability to work in a competent and efficient manner both as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to follow checklists and ensure that all procedures are completed.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to follow instructions and listening skills.
- A high level of organisation.
- Strong communication skills to liaise with manufacturers and customers.
- An understanding of great customer service.
- A full, clean driving licence held for a minimum of one year.
In return for your skills, you’ll receive excellent working conditions, training and career development, and one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and generous staff discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.