We’re looking for a creative and skilled Marketing Executive to join our Marketing team based at our Head Office in Glasgow.
With an over 100-strong Marketing team, we keep it all in-house. From working with 26 global car brands to promoting exciting employee initiatives – we do it all in this department. We give you the freedom and creativity to develop your own ideas, while working in teams to deliver innovative marketing
As a Marketing Executive, you’ll work collaboratively with a talented bunch of designers, developers, photographers and copywriters to plan, implement and analyse all marketing activity for your stakeholders. You’ll make decisions based on data, rather than opinion, and have a strong analytical mindset. You’ll be digitally savvy and thrive on delivering strong results to tight deadlines.
When you’ll work
It’s a full-time position; generally, Monday – Friday, 9am – 5.30pm.
So, what will I be doing?
Whether your part of our OEM team, helping branches drive car sales, or part of our employee team responsible for attracting and retaining talent, you can expect:
• You’ll have your own projects and accounts to manage.
• No two days are the same – you’ll work on a wide range of marketing projects and campaigns, keeping the customer experience at the forefront of everything you do.
• Planning a wide range of innovative marketing activities, online and offline.
• Developing marketing strategies and creating planners to help you deliver this activity.
• Using tools such as Google Analytics and CRM data, you’ll monitor ROI and analyse trends.
• You’ll have an eye for spotting opportunities that grow the business and you’ll be comfortable working to tight deadlines and within budget.
• Writing SEO-optimised content and implementing the basics of SEO.
• Working with web designers, you’ll create engaging email campaigns and landing pages that get results.
• Creating and manage social media paid ads in collaboration with our in-house social media specialists.
• Test, test, test! We encourage you to test your digital activity as much as possible, allowing you to make improvements and optimisations to get the best results.
• Focusing on the customers’ digital to physical journey, you’ll provide branches with point of sale material to create an integrated experience for customers.
• You’ll be confident in coordinating events to reach the target audience.
• You’ll work closely with your internal stakeholders and keep them up to speed with results of marketing activities.
• Collaborate with our Communications team to create content that our customers want to see.
The ideal candidate for this role:
• You’ll have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a similar, fast-paced environment.
• Building good relationships with stakeholders comes naturally to you.
• You’ll be comfortable managing a budget.
• You’ll thrive on leading and executing multi-channel marketing campaigns.
• Prioritisation is key – you’ll work with a number of stakeholders and you’ll be comfortable prioritising your workload, always keeping in mind which jobs provide the most value to our customers.
• You’ve got hands-on experience with email, social and other paid advertising.
• You’re a natural team player. We’re a big team and are always looking to help and support each other - and have a laugh along the way.
• You don’t want to stand still – you’ll be curious and keep up to date with the industry and have an eagerness to grow in the role.
• You’ll bring a can-do attitude to work and don’t mind a challenge or two.
• You take pride in your attention to detail and recognise the importance of this in everything you do.
• You’ll be happy to show off your brilliant ideas among the team and be eager to learn from others.
• Finally, you’ll bring an element of technical skill - basic HTML/CSS won’t scare you. Don’t worry though, we’ll give you any training you may need.
As for benefits, we’ve got you covered:
• Bonus scheme - hard work is rewarded at Arnold Clark with our bi-annual, performance-related bonus.
• Time to get refreshed - 33 days annual leave
• Flexible hybrid working - enjoy the best of both. Work in our vibrant Head Office with flexible start/finish times. Plus, you’ll have the option of choosing your days working from home.
• Not a suit in sight - our dress code is business casual, so jeans are allowed!
• Development and progression - we offer development and training opportunities to keep your marketing skills ahead of the pack.
• Industry events - you’ll have the opportunity to attend industry conferences and courses.
• Creative workspaces - our office is vibrant and open plan with many collaborative workspaces. No need to be stuck at your desk all day!
• Looking for a new set of wheels? You’ll enjoy employee discounts on cars, rentals, servicing and more.
• Private healthcare – we offer employees private medical insurance in partnership with AXA.
• Life assurance – our employees are eligible for life assurance.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture where all employees can flourish. That’s why we’re proud to be Stonewall Diversity Champions, a Disability Confident employer and a Working Families award winner.
And we want everyone who works here to feel supported, so we have our own health and wellbeing platform, Space. We also work closely with automotive charity Ben to help look after our employees’ mental, physical and financial health.
Does this sound like the role for you? We’d love to hear from you.