We’re looking for a creative and skilled Marketing Executive to join our vibrant head office in Glasgow.
Think you know Arnold Clark? We reckon we might surprise you.
With an over 100-strong marketing team, we keep it all in-house and work on everything from car rental to employee campaigns - car sales is just the beginning of what we do. We give you the freedom and creativity to develop your own ideas, working in teams to deliver innovative marketing solutions that keep us ahead of the competition.
As an Arnold Clark Marketing Executive, you’ll work collaboratively with a talented bunch of designers, developers, photographers and copywriters to plan, implement and analyse all marketing activity for your stakeholders. You’ll make decisions based on data, rather than opinion and have a strong analytical mindset. You’ll be digitally savvy and thrive on delivering strong results to tight deadlines.
So, what will I be doing?
• No two days are the same – you’ll work on a wide range of marketing projects and campaigns, keeping the customer experience at the forefront of everything you do.
• You’ll have your own accounts to manage – this could be one of our global franchises, part of our B2B team or within the employee marketing team.
• Planning a wide range of innovative marketing activities, online and offline.
• Using tools such as Google Analytics and CRM data, you’ll monitor ROI and analyse trends.
• You’ll have an eye for spotting opportunities that grow the business and you’ll be comfortable working to tight deadlines and within budget.
• Writing SEO optimised content and implementing the basics of SEO.
• Working with web designers, you’ll create engaging email campaigns and landing pages that get results.
• Collaborating with our inhouse social media team to create and manage social media paid ads.
• Test, test, test! We encourage you to test your digital activity as much as possible, allowing you to make improvements and optimise to get the best results.
• Focusing on the customer’s digital to physical journey, you’ll provide branches with point of sale material to create an integrated experience for customers.
• Confident in coordinating events at exhibitions to reach the target audience.
• You’ll work closely with your stakeholders and keep them up to speed with results of marketing activities.
• Collaborate with our Communications team to create content that our customers want to see.
What skills do I need?
• You’ll have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a similar, fast paced environment.
• Building good relationships with stakeholders will come naturally to you.
• You’ll be comfortable managing a budget.
• You’ll thrive on leading and executing multi-channel marketing campaigns.
• Prioritisation is key – you’ll work with a number of stakeholders and you’ll be comfortable prioritising your workload, always keeping in mind which jobs provide the most value to our customers.
• You’re a natural team player. We’re a big team, always looking to help and support each other - and have a laugh along the way.
• You don’t want to stand still – you’ll be curious and keep up to date with the industry and have an eagerness to grow in the role.
• You bring a can-do attitude to work and don’t mind a challenge, or two.
• You take pride in your attention to detail and recognise the importance of this in everything you do.
• You’ll be happy to show off your brilliant ideas amongst the team, and be eager to learn from others.
• Finally, you’ll bring an element of technical skill - basic HTML/CSS won’t scare you. Don’t worry though, we’ll give you any training you may need.
As for benefits, we’ve got you covered:
• Bonus scheme - hard work is rewarded at Arnold Clark with our bi-annual, performance related bonus.
• Time to get refreshed - 30 days annual leave
• Not a suit in sight - our dress code is business casual so jeans are allowed!
• Development and progression - we offer development and training opportunities to keep your marketing skills ahead of the pack.
• Industry events - you’ll have the opportunity to attend industry conferences and courses.
• Creative workspaces - our office is vibrant and open plan with many collaborative workspaces. No need to be stuck at your desk all day!
• Looking for a new set of wheels? You’ll enjoy employee discounts on cars, rentals, servicing and more.
• Private healthcare – we offer employees private medical insurance in partnership with AXA.
• Life assurance – our employees are eligible for life assurance.
We believe that the culture we live and breathe every day is as important as the physical work we produce. It's manifested in the behaviours and skills that we value in ourselves and fellow members of the team. It’s what makes us who we are. It’s what makes a fun and enjoyable working environment and it’s what creates the opportunity for people to thrive, to achieve new things and to do their best possible work.
Sound like you? We’d love to hear from you.