We’re looking for a creative Marketing Assistant to join our team at our head office in Glasgow.
When you’ll work
It’s a full-time position; generally, Monday – Friday, 9am – 5.30pm.
Where you’ll work
This role is based at our bustling, vibrant head office in Hillington, Glasgow – when circumstances allow!
What’s the role?
Think you know Arnold Clark? We reckon we might surprise you.
Car sales is just the beginning of what we do. Our 100-strong Marketing team work on everything from car rental to employee campaigns.
As an Arnold Clark Marketing Assistant, you’ll work collaboratively with a talented bunch of marketing executives, designers, developers, photographers and copywriters to plan, implement and analyse all marketing activity for your stakeholders. You’ll have an analytical mindset, be digitally savvy and thrive on delivering strong results to tight deadlines, helping to support the department be the best it can be.
What you’ll do each day
No two days are the same! But here’s some of what you can expect:
- Keeping the customer experience at the forefront of our marketing activities.
- Supporting Marketing Executives in a range of innovative marketing activities, online and offline.
- Getting involved with idea generation for marketing campaigns.
- Using tools such as Google Analytics and CRM data to help track and report on our performance.
- Suggesting ways to improve our digital customer experience.
- Conducting competitor research.
- Implementing the basics of SEO across our content.
- Working with web designers to create engaging email campaigns and landing pages that get results.
- Being the first point of contact in Marketing for our branches, and supporting them with ways to make Arnold Clark easier to do business with for our customers.
- Facilitating OEM and employee-facing events.
- Working closely with your stakeholders.
- Collaborating with our Communications team to create content that our customers want to see.
You’ll fit right in and thrive in this role if you:
- You’ll have experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- You’ll be keen to grow and develop your marketing skills.
- Building good relationships with stakeholders will come naturally to you.
- You’ll be comfortable with prioritising jobs from a range of stakeholders.
- You’ll be a natural team player. We’re a big team, always looking to help and support each other – and have a laugh along the way.
- You’ll have an eagerness to learn and grow in your role.
- You’ll bring a can-do attitude to work, and won’t mind a challenge or two.
- You’ll have an eye for details in everything you do.
- And, you’ll be happy to show off your brilliant ideas to the team.
As for benefits, we’ve got you covered:
- Bonus scheme: hard work is rewarded at Arnold Clark with our bi-annual, performance related bonus.
- Time to get refreshed: 33 days’ annual leave
- Not a suit in sight: our dress code is business casual so jeans are allowed!
- Development and progression: we offer development and training opportunities to keep your marketing skills ahead of the pack.
- Industry events: you’ll have the opportunity to attend industry conferences and courses.
- Creative workspaces: our office is vibrant and open plan with lots of collaborative workspaces, so you’ll never be stuck at your desk.
- Looking for a new set of wheels? You’ll enjoy employee discounts on cars, rental, servicing and more.
- Private healthcare: we offer private medical insurance in partnership with AXA.
- Life assurance: our employees are eligible for life assurance.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture where all employees can flourish. That’s why we’re proud to be Stonewall Diversity Champions, a Disability Confident employer and Working Families award winners.
And we want everyone who works here to feel supported, so we have our own health and wellbeing platform, Space. We also work closely with automotive charity Ben to help look after our employees’ mental, physical and financial health.
The small print
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to a satisfactory reference and disclosure check.