We’re recruiting for an encouraging and supportive Light Vehicle Technical Trainer to work in our GTG Wolverhampton training centre.
Full time, Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 4.30pm.
About the role
As a Light Vehicle Technical Trainer, you’ll be responsible for delivering high quality automotive training to apprentices and commercial delegates. You’ll already have gained experience and acquired extensive knowledge in the Light Vehicle sector, as a technician or similar. You’ll be passionate about making a difference to learners’ lives and have the enthusiasm to succeed.
You’ll possess great interpersonal skills, as well as being organised and confident. You’ll also be great at working on your own initiative, and equally, you’ll operate well in a team environment.
- Deliver technical training as required in line with curriculum and awarding body requirements
- Complete administrative duties and monitor learners' progress throughout their learning journey
- Assist with, and develop, resources for the automotive department
- Participate in and contribute to your own and your staff’s training and development, as deemed required by management
- Ensure inclusion of functional skills, equality and diversity, promoting good values and employability skills within training sessions
- Liaise with colleagues and the assessing team to remain focused on learner success and achievement
- Knowledge of using Microsoft applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of working in an automotive environment
- Being able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team
- A common-sense approach to prioritising tasks and activities
- Good level of comprehension
- Excellent practical skills
- Strong communication skills
Nice to have (but not essential)
- A teacher training qualification
- Knowledge of the assessment process
In return for your skills, you’ll be fully supported with all the tools you need to do your best work. You’ll also enjoy some of the best employee benefits in the industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and staff discounts on new and used cars.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.