We are recruiting for a fully qualified LGV Instructor to work at GTG Training, West Midlands.
Monday – Friday 7.45am – 4.15pm (with 30 minutes’ lunch)
GTG has over 40 years’ experience delivering driver training. As an LGV Instructor, you’ll be working at our leading-edge centres, training students to DVSA test standard, carrying out practical driving assessments and dealing with course paperwork to rigorous standards.
You’ll be an experienced driver with at minimum a Category C licence and a background in a training environment, with a calm manner and the ability to get the best out of every learner.
- Carrying out daily vehicle checks on training vehicles.
- Carrying out driving assessments.
- Instructing candidates on required vehicles (i.e: C1, C, C+E and PCV, if qualified).
- Carrying out Module 4 (initial DCPC) training.
- Completing all relevant course paperwork.
- Liaising with transport administrators and senior instructors.
- Must hold a minimum of a Category C entitlement for over 3 years.
- Strong communication skills and a patient approach.
- Previous experience in a driver training environment.
- Excellent level of accuracy and good standards of literacy when writing course paperwork.
- Ability to talk to a wide range of people in a confident manner.
- Good timekeeping and professional appearance.
Nice to have (but not essential)
RTITB Forklift Instructor qualification and PCV licence are desirable but training will be given to the right candidate.
In return for your training skills, you will receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and generous employee discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.