At Arnold Clark, our staff are key to us achieving our goal of creating market-leading digital products that will put us at the forefront of automotive retailing. As a result, we are seeking a Lead Test Engineer to join our talented Product Development team.
The role is a hybrid one, mixing home working with occasional attendance at our Glasgow Hillington Head Office.
This role reports to the Head of Reliability Engineering.
There is flexibility in the hours worked – our core hours are 9.30am – 12pm and 2pm – 4pm, so if you are an early bird or a late riser, we have you covered.
- Day-to-day management of our permanent and contract testers.
- Mentor and identify training opportunities, especially around security, automated and device testing.
- Using a risk-based approach, guide the testers to use appropriate test strategies.
- Promote a “security and reliability first” mindset.
- Foster a test community by continually speaking to our engineers, demoing to the department, and organising activities such as “lunch and learn” sessions.
- Commercial experience at mid-senior test engineer level.
- Have worked recently in an agile environment writing acceptance criteria for user stories.
- Demonstrable knowledge of manual and automated testing in a modern software stack (SPAs and back-end APIs deployed via an automated gated pipeline).
- Experience of testing logged-in user experience applications containing sensitive personal and commercial information.
- Expertise in use of testing frameworks (e.g., cypress, selenium) and API testing tools (e.g., postman).
- Excellent communication, mentoring and team building skills.
If you are keen on this role, but do not quite meet all the above skills, we would still encourage you to apply.
Part 1: CV reviews and initial informal 30-minute video call.
Part 2: Successful candidates will be invited to attend a 90-minute video call focussed on a case study (that the candidate will have had prior sight of).
In return for your skills, you’ll receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the industry, including training opportunities, private healthcare, generous staff retail discounts, access to our health and wellbeing hub ‘Space’ and more.
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks.