We’re recruiting for a Junior Buyer to work in our Kilbirnie Street Procurement department.
Full time, Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5pm. Flexible working is available in this role.
About the role
As a Junior Buyer, you’ll work in our busy Procurement department, providing support to other buyers, as well as processing requests from across the Arnold Clark Group.
The right person for the role will be enthusiastic, ambitious, and keen to progress their career in this role.
- Handling enquiries from various departments and our branch network, making sure they are completed quickly and accurately.
- Processing orders.
- Contacting suppliers for product availability and lead times.
- Negotiating with our suppliers and building strong relationships with them.
- Producing reports.
- Assisting buyers in tender processes as required.
- Identifying savings and business improvement opportunities.
- Assisting with the accuracy of stock levels.
- A resilient attitude in your role, and a strong drive to achieve.
- The ability to work on your own initiative within agreed timescales.
- Customer focus, and a confident manner.
- Negotiating experience.
- The ability to take ownership of small-to-medium sized projects.
- IT literacy, ideally with some proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication skills, and a positive attitude.
- Fantastic organisational skills.
In return for your skills, you’ll receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including a monthly lunch subsidy, private healthcare, life assurance and generous staff retail discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks.