Full time, Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5pm
This role offers flexi-time. Core hours 10am – 3pm.
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in some exciting and high-profile projects. We are building a team of genuinely talented and passionate developers who are focused on doing things “the right way”. You’ll be working in an innovative Agile environment and getting to work with leading edge technologies.
The successful candidate will have a passion for delivering high quality products and have a strong attention to detail. You should be driven and organised with exceptional problem-solving skills, as well as being a good communicator and a creative thinker.
- Working with UI Engineers to rapidly prototype ideas
- Working with the Engineering team to build secure, performant and scalable products
- Working with product owners and stakeholders to provide continuous business value following agile principles
- Implementing designs in responsive interfaces
Key skills and experience:
- Working experience with HTML and CSS
- Ability to write unit and integration tests for front end applications
- Ability to hand-code valid, semantic and accessible HTML
- Experience of a Version Control System such as git
- Knowledge of cross browser/platform/device concerns in order to provide a unified customer experience
- Knowledge of web performance considerations
- Experience with a CSS pre-processor such as SASS or PostCSS
- Exposure to full stack development in C#/Dotnet or Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge of NodeJS
- TDD and/or BDD
Don’t be fooled by the fact we sell cars. Our business is changing to meet the needs of today’s development community, and as a result, you can expect the following benefits and perks when you work for us:
- Remote working
- Training and conference fund
- Amazing working environment
- Casual dress
- Private medical insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discount on vehicle purchase, servicing, parts and rental
- Cycle to work scheme
- High-powered laptop and choice between working on a Mac or PC
- Subsidised canteen and Costa coffee
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks.