We are currently recruiting at our ICT Department in Glasgow for an IT Support analyst to contribute to Arnold Clarks Service Desk’s commitment of providing 1st line IT support to over 10,000 staff across our UK sites. You will be joining a team of analysts responding to requests for technical support and completing request fulfilment over the telephone, by email, and via our ITSM self service portal.
This position is a 12 month contract.
- Act as a single point of contact for phone calls and emails from staff regarding IT issues and queries.
- Provide timely, first time call resolution to technical support issues while following company policies and standards.
- Accurately log and monitor all incidents to aid in identifying potential problem trends.
- Escalate incidents to Level 2 Service Desk Analysts or Resolver groups.
- Provide accurate and updated information on incidents assigned to the Service Desk until the reported incidents are resolved.
- Ensure the appropriate Incident Management & Request Fulfilment processes are followed effectively.
- Complete incident diagnosis and assess impact before assigning to the appropriate technical team responsible for resolving complex incidents.
- Completing relevant tasks as designated by line manager.
- Engaging in continuous service improvement initiatives to support business objectives.
- Ensure that the appropriate escalation path is followed for priority incidents and requests.
- Work with the relevant teams to create training documentation and user guides regarding use of Arnold Clark bespoke applications.
- A strong focus on service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Attention to detail with a methodical and thorough approach to work.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- A great team player & team focused.
- A desire to show initiative.
- Highly organized with excellent communication skills.
- Open communication style & good listener.
- Great time management and ability to prioritise multiple responsibilities.
- A general knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure with an ability to learn new tools/areas quickly.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems and suites.
- Knowledge or experience of Active Directory / Exchange.
- Understanding of ITIL Best Practice for Service Desk (ITIL v3 Foundation) & ITIL Service Management.
- Analytical thinking / decision making on daily operational issues.
- Key focus on service delivery/quality/customer satisfaction.
- Ability to handle rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non technical staff.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.