We are currently recruiting a IT Field engineer in the Inverness area. You will be part of the ICT Site Services Team initially covering our sites. As there will be extensive travel around the area and on occasions throughout the UK branch network therefore a full driving licence held for a minimum of 1 year is essential as a company vehicle will be provided.
With occasional need to travel to sites around the UK to fulfil company requirements. At all times ensuring the services delivered are of the highest quality to the end customer.
• Troubleshooting, repair & Installation of Personal Computers, notebooks & mobile devices
• Troubleshooting, repair & Installation of Printers
• Troubleshooting, repair & Installation of Network devices (local and wide area networks)
• Troubleshooting, repair & Installation of Telephony systems as appropriate
• Troubleshooting & Installation of Wide range of Enterprise Level and bespoke Software
• New Hardware and software installation as appropriate
• Support for desktop, network operating systems (primarily Windows XP, 7, 10)
• Support for mobile devices & Operating systems (mix of IOS & Android)
• Support of Microsoft Office, Lync, Exchange, Active Directory
• Escalate update & resolve ticket to SLA
• Working as part of a team during extensive Site refurbishments
• Provide weekly and ad hoc updates to Senior Engineer as appropriate
• Documenting project work
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Degree in an IT-related field or at least 5+ years of IT related discipline.
• Must be industrious and highly motivated with excellent communication skills
• Have strong customer focus with the ability to interface with all levels of staff
• Work effectively as part of a small fast paced team or individually
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems for users. Ability to independently resolve widely varying complex problems using current job knowledge and using research and external resources.
• Hardware, Operating System and networking experience. Hardware experience to include Intel based desktops, laptops, Servers. Xerox, HP, Lexmark printers. Operating System (OS) experience to include Windows and Mac OS.
• Networking experience to include strong understanding of Wireless, TCP/IP and DNS.
• Experience of working closely with 3rd party suppliers both on site and off
• H&S – A good understanding of Health & Safety policy and procedures, especially on site.
The successful candidate will benefit from excellent working conditions, extensive training, life assurance and private health care, making our package one of the best in the industry.
EMPLOYMENT WITHIN THE ARNOLD CLARK GROUP IS OFFERED SUBJECT TO SATISFACTORY REFERENCE AND DISCLOSURE CHECK
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.