We’re recruiting for an experienced Contract IT Field Engineer to join our regional support team, covering a variety of Arnold Clark sites in Central Scotland
6 Months Fixed Term Contract
West and Central Scotland Region
Full time, Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
About the role
As an IT Field Engineer for Arnold Clark, Europe’s largest independently owned car retailer, you’ll work across several sites, making sure everything is running smoothly and delivering high quality services to the end user.
You’ll form part of a field support team of engineers, installing and fixing PCs, mobile platforms, printers and telephony systems and providing software support across a range of products.
The ideal candidate will have the flexibility to travel to several regional locations providing cover and team support – with overnight stays away from home when necessary.
- Installation and break/fix of PCs, notebooks, mobile platforms and printers.
- Installation and troubleshooting of network devices and WiFi access points.
- Installation and break/fix of digital and VOIP telephony systems.
- Installation and troubleshooting of a wide range of enterprise level and bespoke software.
- Software support for: Microsoft Windows, Office, Skype for Business products, Exchange and Active directory, and mobile OS (IOS and Android).
- Escalating, updating and resolving tickets to team SLA.
- Working as part of a team during extensive site refurbishments.
- Providing weekly and ad hoc updates to senior IT engineer as appropriate.
- Documenting project work.
- Degree in an IT-related subject or at least five years’ experience in an IT-related discipline.
- Hardware experience, including Intel-based desktops and laptops (Dell), and printers, including Xerox, HP and Lexmark.
- Software experience including Windows, Mac OS, IOS and Android, MS Office and S4B.
- Networking experience and a strong understanding of wireless, TCP/IP and DNS.
- A full, clean UK driving licence held for a minimum of one year.
- An industrious and motivated approach with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to be customer-focused and deal with a wide range of people.
- Able to work effectively both on your own initiative and as part of a fast-paced team.
- Ability to independently resolve a wide variety of complex problems using your expertise and research capabilities.
- Experience of working with third party suppliers, both on-site and off.
- A good understanding of health and safety policy and procedures.
In return for your skills, you’ll receive access to a company car, mobile phone and laptop, and one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and generous staff retail discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.