We’re recruiting for an experienced IT Facilities Assistant to work at our GTG training facility in Glasgow.
Full time, Monday – Friday, 7.30am – 4.00pm
About the role
As an IT Facilities Assistant for GTG, you’ll play a vital role in providing training and support for faculty, students and staff using classroom equipment.
You’ll be able to operate and maintain audio-visual equipment to support a wide variety of instructional methods and techniques within the training centre, as well as carrying out laptop and IT equipment setups.
This role would suit someone with strong technical ability who enjoys helping others and working as part of a busy team.
- Installing, maintaining and operating multimedia audio-visual equipment in classrooms and other areas of student instruction.
- Providing training and support for faculty, students and staff using classroom equipment.
- Delivering supplemental equipment for classes and/or special events and making sure that it is set up properly.
- Operating and maintaining audio-visual equipment used to support learning across the business.
- Researching new classroom multimedia equipment.
- Assisting with the annual inventory inspection.
- Working with the main office to schedule classrooms for maintenance and keeping them informed of equipment changes.
- Previous experience of classroom monitoring using interface/monitoring software.
- Good knowledge of equipment and system installations.
- High levels of organisation with excellent communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of laptop, PC and printing set-ups.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and work efficiently as part of a team.
- Fantastic troubleshooting skills across a range of equipment, including projectors, mixers, amplifiers and cameras.
• Ability to successfully liaise with vendors when instructional technology malfunctions.
• Great time management and multitasking skills.
In return for your technical experience, you will be offered a competitive salary, plus benefits including private healthcare, life assurance and generous employee discounts. This role offers good opportunities for progression and training and career development will be provided.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to a satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.