Internal Communications Executive
We’re looking to hire an experienced Internal Communications Executive to join our vibrant and enthusiastic team at Head Office.
This is a permanent position with a flexible work arrangement (three days at the office, two working from home): Monday – Friday, 9am – 5.30pm.
Salary will be dependent on experience.
About the role
This role’s focus is to support the Arnold Clark culture though effective storytelling and engaging content across a range of communication methods. You’ll use your expertise to create stories that inspire people across the business as well as potential future employees of Arnold Clark. Along with this, you’ll play a key part in supporting internal change projects and Group communication to over 11,500 employees. This will also include supporting wider campaigns across both the Communications and Marketing departments.
You will help with the execution and creation of content planners for the Internal Communications team, promoting the Arnold Clark values, and ensuring our employees have the information needed to confidently perform in their roles.
The role also includes some occasional travel throughout our branch network, particularly while working with the film team to create interviews with employees, senior leaders and Arnold Clark partners for both employee-facing and external platforms.
- Working with stakeholders to create the right communication solutions to support business objectives.
- Tailoring different communication tactics to specific audiences within the business for effective results.
- Facilitating two-way feedback to measure attitudes and inform how certain business decisions are rolled out.
- Ensuring alignment of internal and external messaging.
- Communicating with senior leaders and our branch network to identify opportunities for employee-related content.
- Supporting the wider Internal Communications team with creating briefs, script writing, editing, and additional tasks as required.
- Measuring effectiveness of initiatives using analytical tools (such as Google Analytics).
- Working across departments to create assets for print and digital internal campaigns.
Who are we looking for?
- A natural born people person with the ability to listen, understand and translate employee-led stories into written and video interview styles.
- An excellent communicator who brings news to life and can develop good working relationships across the entire country.
- A team-player is essential, as you’ll be working as part of a 27-person Communications department alongside a 100-strong Marketing department to help create exceptional content for our stakeholders.
- A lover of organisation with the confidence to manage stakeholder expectations to ensure content is delivered on time.
- Someone who is up for a challenge – when they come(!) – and always ready to proactively find a solution to achieve the overall business goal.
- Someone who gets excited about new internal communication trends and is always keen to learn how to use new tools and techniques that will enhance their work.
Our ideal candidate
- At least 1 years’ experience working in a role involved with employee engagement and communication practises.
- Crisis communication management experience and the ability to keep calm in a crisis.
- An understanding of the importance of employer value proposition (EVP).
- A history of delivering consistent messages during periods of change to ensure stability and security.
- Ability to create, manage and execute a successful communication campaign during a period of change.
- Ability to create content to support EVP.
- Experience with delivering campaigns with measurable impactful outcomes.
- Ability to take ownership of the internal communications and staff engagement strategy.
- A general understanding of video production (but don’t worry, we’re not looking for the new Spielberg!).
- A keen eye for detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Nice to have but not essential
- Prior experience creating content for newsfeeds.
- Some technical basics and experience working with analytical tools and email marketing. (Training for this, as well as for video/image editing and content management systems, will be provided for the right candidate).
- Experience with internal communication planning platforms
In return for your expertise, you’ll be fully supported within your role and offered every opportunity to develop yourself and your skills.
You’ll also receive one of the best employee benefits in the industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and employee discounts on new and used cars.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.