We’re currently recruiting for an efficient and diligent Internal Auditor, based at our head office in Hillington, Glasgow, with some travel to other branches required.
Full time, Monday–Friday, 37.5 hours per week within core business hours of 10.00am – 12.00pm and 2.00pm – 4.00pm.
Flexible working is available with this role.
About the role
As an Internal Auditor for Arnold Clark, you’ll be responsible for undertaking audits of our various business units and making recommendations to improve processes and controls.
This role would suit a qualified accountant who has previous experience of auditing. You should also be able to demonstrate fantastic interpersonal skills and a high level of attention to detail.
Day to day duties
- Conducting assigned audits from planning stage through to completion.
- Communicating audit findings and recommendations for improvement with relevant employees within the business – both verbally and in writing.
- Following up on audit findings and corrective actions, reporting on any actions that have not been effectively implemented.
- Conducting any ad-hoc investigations that have been requested.
- Helping with acquisition diligence when needed.
- You must be an ACA/ACCA/CIMA-qualified accountant with at least one year’s PQE.
- Previous experience of carrying out and leading audits in a similar environment.
- The ability to work independently and demonstrate good organisational skills.
- Great communication skills and the ability to talk to people at all levels of the business.
- High levels of proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office.
- Extremely good attention to detail.
In return for your skills and experience, you’ll receive access to a company car, flexible hours and one of the best employee benefits packages in the industry, including free private healthcare and generous staff discounts.
Employment with the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks.