We’re recruiting for an assertive and committed HR Assistant to to join our award-winning team.
Based at our head office in Hillington, Glasgow,
Full time, Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5.00pm
About the role
Arnold Clark is Europe’s largest independently owned car retailer, with a workforce of over 10,500 employees. As an HR Assistant, you will be a flexible and capable person who is able to deal with an exceptionally varied workload and communicate effectively with a large variety of people.
You’ll be involved in all aspects of employee relations in this dynamic commercial organisation – from maternity and welfare meetings to workplace issues. Due to travel restrictions we are conducting meetings via conference calls. However, when face-to-face meetings can resume, we need you to be flexible to cover an assigned area within the branch network in Scotland.
- Dealing with all aspects of employee relations across the company.
- Working across multiple sites and liaising with employees and managers to give them advice. (For the moment, communication will be via video call. Travel to branches will resume when the situation allows.)
- Managing welfare meetings and OH referrals.
- Carrying out all the relevant processes relating to parental leave.
- Managing ill-health cases (with supervision).
- Administration within the HR department, including flexible working and general administration.
- An assertive and confident approach.
- Fantastic communication and influencing skills.
- A full driving licence.
- Ability to demonstrate up-to-date knowledge of current employment law.
- Attention to detail and strong administrative skills.
- Excellent time management skills and high levels of initiative.
- Ability to present yourself in a professional manner.
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a busy team.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Currently working towards gaining your CIPD qualification.
In return for your skills and commitment, you will receive career development opportunities as well as access to a company car, laptop and mobile phone.
You will also enjoy some of the best employee benefits in the automotive industry, including private health care, life assurance and generous employee discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.