We’re recruiting for an assertive and enthusiastic Human Resources / People Assistant to join our award-winning team.
Based in Manchester close to the Airport
Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5pm (there is also a blended working week that will include a few days working from home)
About the role
Do you want to work for a dynamic car retailer with 10,500 employees across the UK? Arnold Clark has been named as one of Glassdoor’s Top 50 UK employers and our talented People Team has recently been recognised for its work at the Herald Diversity Awards and HR Network awards. This is a great opportunity to join and develop your career as an HR assistant / People assistant role. If you are a flexible and capable person who is able to deal with an exceptionally varied workload and communicate effectively with a large variety of people then this is the role for you.
You’ll be involved in all aspects of employee relations in this dynamic commercial organisation – from maternity and welfare meetings to workplace issues.
- Dealing with all aspects of employee relations across the company.
- Traveling to branches across the English network to speak to staff and resolve issues. (All employee meetings are currently being conducted via video call however when face-to-face meetings can resume, we need you to be flexible to cover an assigned area within the branch network in England)
- Managing welfare meetings and Occupational Health referrals.
- Carrying out all the relevant processes relating to parental leave.
- Managing ill-health cases (with supervision).
- Administration within the People Team, including flexible working and general administration.
- An assertive and confident approach.
- Fantastic communication and influencing skills.
- A full driving licence, held for a minimum of one year.
- Ability to demonstrate up-to-date knowledge of current employment law.
- Attention to detail and strong administrative skills.
- Excellent time management skills and high levels of initiative.
- Ability to present yourself in a professional manner.
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a busy team.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Currently working towards gaining your CIPD qualification.
In return for your skills and commitment, you will receive career development opportunities as well as access to a company car, laptop, and mobile phone.
You will also enjoy some of the best employee benefits in the automotive industry, including private health care, life assurance, and generous employee discounts.
“Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.”
Employment with the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.