We’re looking for an experienced HR Advisor to join our award-winning team.
Full time, Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5pm
About the role
Do you want to work for a dynamic car retailer with 11,000 employees across the UK? Arnold Clark has been named as one of Glassdoor’s Top 50 UK employers and our talented People Team has recently been recognised for its work at the Herald Diversity Awards and HR Network awards.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced HR Advisor to join our People Team based at our head office in Hillington, Glasgow. You will be skilled in all aspects of employee relations and get involved in our employee engagement work, too Due to travel restrictions we are conducting meetings via conference calls. However when face-to-face meetings can resume, we need you to be flexible to cover an assigned area within the branch network in Scotland.
- Advising on and facilitating disciplinary and grievance issues.
- Resolving long-term absences.
- Offering advice across all departments and divisions of the business.
- Making high-level decisions in a busy and fast-paced environment.
- Working across multiple sites and liaising with employees and managers to give them advice. (For the moment, communication will be via video call. Travel to branches will resume when the situation allows.)
- Providing employees with support through our welfare process.
- Training managers on all employee relations issues.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in an employee relations role.
- The ability to work as part of a team and using your own initiative.
- Proven knowledge of employee relations and employment law.
- Fantastic communication and influencing skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel as part of the role when the situation allows. (travel to branches has been temporarily suspended.)
- A full driving licence.
Nice to have (but not essential)
In return for your skills, you’ll gain hands-on experience in a demanding, multi-site environment, as well a company car, mobile phone and laptop. You’ll also receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the industry, including flexible hours, private healthcare and generous staff retail discounts.
Employment with the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory references and disclosure check.
Closing Date 04 December 2020