We’re looking for an experienced HR Advisor to join an award-winning team. You’ll be based in Aberdeen, with travel throughout the North of Scotland and to our Head Office in Glasgow.
Full time, Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5.00pm.
Flexible working is available with this role.
About the role
Do you want to work for a dynamic car retailer with 12,500 employees across the UK? Arnold Clark has been named as one of Glassdoor’s Top 50 UK employers and our talented People Team has recently been recognised for its work at the Herald Diversity Awards and HR Network awards.
This is a great opportunity for a practiced HR Advisor to join us at this exciting time. You will be skilled in all aspects of employee relations and get involved in our employee engagement work, too. Acting as a key point of contact, you’ll travel to branches in Scotland to offer guidance to employees and managers at all levels of the business.
- Advising on and facilitating disciplinary and grievance issues.
- Resolving long-term absences.
- Dealing with redundancies.
- Offering advice across all departments and divisions of the business.
- Making high-level decisions in a busy and fast-paced environment.
- Working across multiple sites and liaising with employees and managers to give them advice.
- Providing employees with support through our welfare process.
- Training managers on all employee relations issues.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in an employee relations role.
- The ability to work as part of a team and on your initiative.
- Proven knowledge of employee relations and employment law.
- Fantastic communication and influencing skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel as part of the role.
- A full driving licence.
Nice to have (but not essential)
In return for your skills, you’ll gain hands-on experience within a demanding, multi-site environment, as well a company car, mobile phone and laptop. You’ll also receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the industry, including flexible hours, a lunch subsidy, private healthcare and generous staff retail discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory references and disclosure check.