We are now hiring an experienced People Advisor to join our award-winning Manchester team; this is an exciting opportunity for a practiced HR Advisor.
We offer our HR Advisors:
- Starting from 33 days annual leave
- Flexible hours
- Generous employee discounts
- Private health care and sick pay cover
- Maternity and paternity packages
Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5pm
Hybrid working is available, with three days spent in the office and two at home. For training purposes, your first month will be office-based.
About the role
Do you want to work for a dynamic car retailer with 11,000 employees across the UK? Arnold Clark is now hiring and has been named as one of Glassdoor’s Top 50 UK employers while our talented HR / People Team has recently been recognised for its work at the Herald Diversity Awards and HR Network awards.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced HR Advisor to join our HR / People Team based at our Head Office in Hillington, Glasgow. You will be skilled in all aspects of employee relations and get involved in our employee engagement work. We are conducting meetings via conference calls. However, we will need you to be flexible to cover an assigned area within the branch network.
- Advising on and facilitating disciplinary and grievance issues
- Resolving long-term absences
- Offering advice across all departments and divisions of the business
- Making high-level decisions in a busy and fast-paced environment
- Working across multiple sites and liaising with employees and managers to give them advice (For the moment, communication will be via video call. Travel to branches will resume when the situation allows.)
- Providing employees with support through our welfare process
- Training managers on all employee relations issues
- A minimum of two years’ experience in an employee relations role
- The ability to work as part of a team and use your own initiative
- Proven knowledge of employee relations and employment law
- Fantastic communication and influencing skills
- Flexibility and willingness to travel as part of the role when the situation allows
- A full driving licence
Nice to have (but not essential)
In return for your skills, you’ll gain hands-on experience in a demanding, multi-site environment, as well as a company car, mobile phone, and laptop. You’ll also receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the industry, enhanced holidays, private healthcare, and generous staff retail discounts.
“Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives, and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.”
Employment with the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory references and disclosure checks.