We are looking for a Semi-skilled HGV Technician/Trailer Fitter to maintain and repair fleet and customer vehicles.
Arnold Clark Commercial Care, Cumbernauld
Full time, Monday – Friday 8am – 5.30pm
About the role
All HGVs that come through Arnold Clark – whether they belong to the company or to customers – must undergo thorough maintenance, repairs and tests in accordance with DVSA requirements.
We are currently recruiting for a semi-skilled technician for our workshop in Cumbernauld, near Glasgow. You will carry out a variety of repairs and checks to exacting standards, and demonstrate an ability to complete paperwork accurately and work well as part of a team.
- Re-lining brakes.
- Fitting and removing accessories and livery.
- Filling out associated paperwork to ensure that all statistics and legal information are in order.
- Updating workshop computer system as necessary.
- Adhering to all relevant legislation, standards of work and health and safety procedures.
- Maintaining work areas in a safe and clean condition.
- Carrying out any other general duties as instructed by supervisory staff.
- Previous workshop experience and an HGV Level 3 automotive qualification.
- You must hold a full, clean Category C and E driving licence.
- Ability to carry out maintenance to DVSA standards.
- High standards of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of automotive maintenance and repair.
- Ability to follow instructions and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to learn.
- Good communication skills.
In return you’ll receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and preferential rates on new and used cars.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.