We are recruiting for a qualified HGV Technician to work at our commercial workshop in Newhouse, Motherwell. Our technicians look after Arnold Clark’s fleet of HGVs and customer commercial vehicles, making sure they’re maintained, inspected and tested to the highest standards.
Full time, Monday – Friday 8am – 5.30pm
About the role
As an HGV Technician you will be able to carry out inspections and repairs in accordance with DVSA requirements, working independently and as part of a busy team. You must hold an appropriate Category C and E driving licence and have high standards of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Carrying out periodic safety inspections to all HGVs to DVSA standards.
- Fault diagnosis on hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems.
- Attending broken down or accident damaged vehicles, repairing as required.
- Fitting and removing a large range of ancillary equipment, accessories and livery.
- Completing the appropriate paperwork accurately.
- Updating internal computer systems.
- Ensuring all relevant legislation and health and safety procedures are adhered to.
- Maintaining work areas in a safe and clean condition.
- Carrying out other duties as instructed by supervisory staff.
- Previous experience and an HGV Level 3 automotive qualification.
- You must hold a Category C and E driving licence.
- Ability to carry out repairs in accordance with DVSA and the Group Operators licence.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Strong communication skills and ability to be a team player.
- High standards and a commitment to accuracy.
In return for your skills, you’ll benefit from one of the best employee packages in the automotive industry, including free private healthcare, life assurance and great discounts on new and used cars.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.