What we can offer you…
- 33 days’ annual leave
- Flexible working
- Generous retail discounts
- Maternity and paternity packages
- Opportunities to continue training and progression
- Private healthcare and sick pay cover
- Life assurance
Full time: Monday – Friday, 8am – 4.30pm
About the role:
As a Bus and Coach Technical Trainer at GTG, you’ll be responsible for delivering high-quality automotive training to apprentices and commercial delegates, therefore you’ll need to have already gained experience and extensive knowledge in the bus and coach or HGV sector as a technician or similar. This role will give you the opportunity to impart your skills and experience by developing technicians of the future in this demanding and exciting industry.
You’ll be working at our Kilbirnie Street branch which is purpose-built to cater for heavy vehicle training with seven individual bays and underground pits, as well as modern classrooms to carry out theory lessons. The centre is built to help our customers excel in a safe and fully equipped environment.
You’ll be passionate about making a difference to learners’ lives and have the enthusiasm to succeed. You’ll possess great interpersonal skills, as well as being organised and confident. You’ll also be great at working on your own initiative and in a team environment.
As part of the Arnold Clark Group, GTG Training offer a range of training to the public and private customers. From automotive training to transport, health and safety and business skills, we have training to cover all business needs. Now with five centres across the UK, GTG have been helping people succeed for over 50 years.
- Delivering technical training as required in line with curriculum and awarding body requirements.
- Completing administrative duties, while monitoring and supporting learners' progress throughout their learning journey.
- Assisting with and developing resources for the automotive department.
- Ensuring inclusion of equality and diversity, promoting good values and employability skills within training sessions.
- Liaising with colleagues and the assessing team to remain focused on learner success and achievement.
- Five years’ extensive, proven professional experience as a Bus and Coach or HGV Technician
- A Heavy Vehicle Level 3 qualification
- Knowledge of using Microsoft applications, in particular PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of working in an automotive environment
- Excellent communication skills (face-to-face, written and on the phone)
- Strong practical skills
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Some experience in training within an automotive environment
- A teacher training qualification
- Knowledge of the workplace assessment process
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.