We’re recruiting for a highly experienced Health and Safety Trainer/Advisor to deliver training across various sites.
Based at our GTG training centre in Glasgow. Extensive travel required.
Full time, Monday–Friday 8.30am–5pm
As a Health and Safety Trainer/Advisor you will be responsible for keeping our commercial clients up to date with all the current health and safety legislation and providing training and industry guidance so that they can meet the highest standards.
You must be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, and be able to explain complex information to third parties with minimal health and safety knowledge. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years H&S teaching experience and IOSH status.
- Providing a wide range of health and safety training (including accredited material from IOSH, NEBOSH and BSC) to commercial clients and business leaders.
- Carrying out regular workplace inspections for commercial clients, ensuring they comply with HSG65.
- Carrying out annual workplace and management system audits.
- Designing, reviewing and delivering bespoke training courses for clients, ensuring all material is appropriate and up-to-date.
- Advising clients with any health and safety issues and assisting with preparation of legal requirements such as risk assessments, Safe Systems of Work, or supervision.
- Minimum 5 years’ proven teaching experience, including a relevant teaching qualification and health and safety practitioner experience.
- Fantastic communication and influencing skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- IOSH technical member status or above.
- Hold a NEBOSH General Certificate.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft packages, particularly PowerPoint.
- A full, clean driving licence held for a minimum of one year.
In return for your skills, you will receive a company car, mobile and laptop and career progression opportunities, as well as one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and generous staff discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.