We’re recruiting for an engaging Health and Safety Trainer who can teach First Aid and travel across the UK delivering great training to our commercial clients.
Full time, Monday–Friday, 8.30am – 5pm
You’ll be based at our training centre in Glasgow and possibly be travelling to GTG Edinburgh and GTG Wolverhampton, too. This job also involves some travel across the UK in order to deliver courses to our client base, with overnight stays when necessary.
About the role
As a Health and Safety trainer, you’ll be responsible for keeping our clients up to date with the very latest information and legislation, while supporting them with engaging, informed Health and Safety training.
You must have a minimum of two years’ teaching experience and hold at the least the Technical Member status of IOSH, as well as being able to teach first aid.
- Delivering a wide range of health and safety training, including accredited material from FAIB, IOSH and BSC to commercial clients and business colleagues.
- Designing, reviewing and delivering the current portfolio of training.
- Creating bespoke health and safety training for clients.
- Ensuring all material is appropriate and relevant.
- Keeping up to date with current legislation and health and safety best practice.
- Two years’ teaching experience.
- A full driving licence held for 1 year.
- The ability to deliver first aid training.
- At the very least you’ll be a Technical Member of IOSH.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint.
- Strong time management skills and a high level of organisation.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
- Ability to be flexible and work away from home when necessary.
- First aid occupational, teaching and assessing experience.
- NEBOSH General Certificate (full parchment).
In return for your skills, you’ll receive access to a company car, mobile phone and laptop and training to progress your career. You will also enjoy some of the best employee benefits in the industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and staff discounts on new and used cars.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.