We are currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Advisor based in the North West of England with travel when required.
Full time, Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 5.00pm
About the role
As an Area Safety Support Advisor for Arnold Clark, you’ll be responsible for overseeing the implementation of the Group’s safety management system across our branch network. You will also offer proactive advice and help to branches and divisions across the business.
The ideal candidate must have a genuine passion for promoting a positive safety culture, hold a recognised health and safety qualification and have excellent interpersonal skills, as well as the flexibility to travel across different branches in the area.
Day to day duties
- Travelling to branches to carry out: inspections, health and safety audits, risk, COSHH, PUWER, HAV, pregnancy and DSE assessments, accident, incident and near miss investigations.
- Liaising with employees throughout the business to provide advice and support.
- Liaising with the relevant enforcing authorities (i.e. HSE)
- Working to improve and maintain the safety management system.
- You must hold a NEBOSH diploma or a NEBOSH GC with 3 years’ experience in a dedicated health and safety role, or be a Grad IOSH member.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Good IT skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise workload.
- A high level of accuracy and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work well with others and make decisions under pressure.
- A positive and proactive attitude.
- Good up to date knowledge of health and safety legislation.
- A full UK driving licence.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Previous experience in the motor industry.
- BOHS asbestos training 402, 404 or 405.
- Knowledge of construction health and safety.
- Experience of a BOHS-recognised training course.
- Training experience.
In return for your skills and qualifications, you’ll enjoy excellent employee benefits, including flexible hours, access to a company car, private healthcare and training.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to a satisfactory reference and disclosure check.