We’re looking for an experienced IT professional to join as Head of Business Systems in our Digital team in Kilbirnie Street, Glasgow.
Why choose us?
- 33 days’ holiday allowance with room to grow
- Generous retail discounts
- Private healthcare
- Pension scheme
- Maternity and paternity packages
- Opportunities for training and progression
Full time, Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5pm.
About the role
Due to continued growth in the department, we have created a new role as a Head of Business Systems. We’re looking for an experienced IT professional and a strong leader with a passion for digital applications.
With responsibility for both our Technology Change team, who deliver digital projects across our whole business, and our Business Systems team, who expertly manage our portfolio of business systems in use, you will be at the heart of managing a suite of tools the business relies on every day.
- Line management for the Technology Change team and Business Systems team.
- Contract renewals of existing applications from third-party vendors.
- Overall responsibility for selection and onboarding of new third-party systems from both a contractual and technical perspective.
- Managing the relationship with new and existing suppliers through their lifecycle.
- Understanding and interpreting the consequences for overall programmes of work.
- Managing clear communication to stakeholders.
- Reporting project and programme progress to senior management.
- Seeking out and mitigating against risks.
- Escalation and supplier management.
Essential skills and experience
- Good communicator both, written and verbal
- Extensive experience managing enterprise applications and maintaining collaborative relationships with application providers
- Experience of IT project management methodologies, preferably with hands-on experience from previous roles
- An understanding of cloud technologies and enterprise digital working environments
- Strong people motivation skills to enthuse both teams
- Experience of managing contractual negotiations and agreements with third-party providers, including escalations
- Experience of defining a programme framework in line with a business strategy
- Strong experience in stakeholder management, both internally and externally
- Experience communicating change to non-technical stakeholders
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.