We are currently recruiting for a Graduate Safety Support Advisor within our Safety Support Team at Kilbirnie Street Glasgow, with travel required throughout Scotland and England.
Full time, Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 5.00pm
About the role
As a Graduate Safety Support Advisor for Arnold Clark, you’ll have the chance to grow your career within an established health and safety team. The role offers fantastic progression opportunities as you’ll work towards becoming a fully-fledged and competent Health and Safety Advisor within a three-year period.
You don’t need a lot of health and safety experience – although a health and safety-related degree, or recently completed NEBOSH diploma/certificate will help — you just need to be enthusiastic and passionate about learning, progression and promoting a positive safety culture.
Day to day duties
- Handling project assignments that will require you to identify potential hazards and find ways to reduce risks.
- Travelling to branches to assist our Health and Safety Advisors.
- Working to improve our safety management system.
- Researching and monitoring changes to health and safety legislation.
- Compiling statistics, writing reports and quality document control.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Good IT skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise workload.
- A high level of accuracy and the ability to multi-task.
- Good up to date knowledge of health and safety legislation.
- A full driving licence held for 1 year.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Any relevant health and safety training or experience.
In return for your skills and qualifications, you’ll enjoy excellent employee benefits, access to a company car, private healthcare and training.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to a satisfactory reference and disclosure check.