We are looking for motivated Graduate Accountants to work in various Arnold Clark branches across the UK.
Why choose us?
- Gain full ACCA study support, including tuition and revision courses on an award-winning online platform from one of Europe’s leading professional study providers
- 33 days’ annual leave
- Highly competitive salary
- Training and conference funds to keep your skills current
- Generous discounts on vehicle purchases, services, parts, rentals, insurance and more
- Private healthcare
- Simplyhealth – all employees have access to a GP 24/7 and can claim money back on medical and dental treatments
Various locations in Glasgow.
This is a full-time position: Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 5:00pm.
About the role
As a Graduate Accountant at Arnold Clark, you’ll have the opportunity to gain experience over a three-year period in all areas of accounting as you hone your skills to become a Branch Accountant.
From basic tasks, such as cashiering, purchase and sales ledger and credit control, you’ll progress to more challenging areas, such as management accounts production, profit forecasting and year-end accounting.
This role would be perfect for anyone keen to complete their ACCA qualification with a platinum-approved ACCA company and embark on a fulfilling career in accounting.
- Working closely with all branch employees, including Accounts, Admin and Sales.
- Learning all aspects of working within the Accounts department as part of the Arnold Clark Accounts Academy – from purchase and sales ledgers to the full Branch Accountant role.
- Combining workplace experience with classroom training at our dedicated training facility GTG.
- Learning key management skills.
- Working both independently and as part of a team on daily in-branch accounting tasks.
- Degree in Maths, Accounting or Business
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Willingness to learn and progress
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Strong work ethic and commitment to your role
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Full UK driving licence, as some travel will be required
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.