We’re currently recruiting for a General Sales Manager to work in our Kilbirnie Street Van Centre.
Full time, Monday – Friday, 9am-6pm, with a Saturday morning, 9am until 12pm.
About the role
As General Sales Manager, you’ll manage your own dedicated team of van sales executives, guiding and supporting them in their sales activity and ensuring they hit their own targets as well as those of your branch.
You’ll research your assigned area, identify contacts and develop new business opportunities. As well as targeting large scale retail projects, you’ll be expected to approach and prospect customers personally.
- Allocating commercial leads to your staff and implementing a robust process to make sure every lead is handled correctly.
- Building and maintaining customer relationships through satisfying their expectations.
- Monitoring stock pricing and stock condition on a daily basis.
- Checking and confirming that all stock available is presented properly and added to the web for customers to view.
- Regular checks on stock pricing to make sure we are competitive in the marketplace.
- Coaching and training staff on a daily basis.
- Producing accurate reporting and forecasting.
- Fantastic people skills – communicating with your team and managing relationships will be a big part of your remit.
- The ability to work under pressure and the flexibility to undertake a range of tasks – this will be absolutely key to your success.
- Superb problem-solving skills.
- Confidence in your computer literacy and the ability to adapt to using multiple systems with ease.
- Excellent time management skills and an eagle eye for accuracy.
- The ability to work well on your own and as part of a team.
- The desire and drive to succeed at a high level.
Nice to have (but not essential)
Some local business knowledge would also be an advantage.
You’ll be given all the training and support you need to succeed in the role, including full instruction on our internal systems. On a weekly basis there will also be one-to-one coaching to cover all aspects of the business.
A company car will be available to the successful candidate as part of a fantastic benefits package, including private healthcare, life assurance and generous staff retail discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.