We’re recruiting for an efficient and reliable Garage Equipment Service Engineer based in the North West of England, with travel across our UK branch network.
Full time, Monday – Friday 8am – 5.30pm, Friday 8am – 4.30pm with 30 minutes’ lunch (44 hours)
About the role
As a Garage Equipment Engineer for Arnold Clark, you’ll travel between a variety of UK sites, specialising in a range of garage equipment for both reactive and planned work.
This role would suit somebody who has previous experience in a field-based engineering role, and has worked with hydraulics and/or pneumatic garage equipment in a mechanical engineering environment. You should also be able to work on your own initiative and maintain a flexible schedule, as overnight stays may be necessary.
- Fault finding and repair on breakdowns, plus planned preventative maintenance.
- Completing necessary paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that the van is stocked with the parts and tools required.
- Attending customer sites to carry out routine servicing and repairs on hydraulic and pneumatic garage equipment, including vehicle lifts, compressors and MOT equipment.
- Working closely within a team of other engineers and service controllers.
- Previous experience in a similar field-based engineering role.
- High levels of organisation and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Full UK driving licence.
- The ability to be self-motivated and work unsupervised.
- The ability to work well within a team.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Previous garage equipment experience.
- Plant vehicle maintenance experience.
In return for your skills, you’ll receive further training and all the tools you need to do your job, including company van, phone, workwear and PPE. You’ll also receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including free private healthcare, life assurance and generous retail discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to a satisfactory reference and disclosure check.