We’re recruiting for self-motivated Garage Equipment Repair and Installation Engineers to join our teams across the North West, Yorkshire and West Midlands.
Full time, Monday – Thursday 8am – 5.30pm, Friday 8am – 4.30pm
About the role
Arnold Clark Garage Equipment Engineers are responsible for making sure everything in our workshops runs smoothly, installing new equipment and fixing any issues in full compliance with current health and safety regulations.
Candidates must demonstrate strong mechanical and electrical fault-finding skills and be able to carry out work to high standards without supervision. They should also be able to work well as part of a busy team.
- Diagnosing faults on garage equipment such as ramps and trolley jacks, either repairing onsite or ordering parts.
- Travelling to branches to carry out or help with the installation of garage equipment.
- Liaising with the Service Coordinator for updates on current jobs.
- Completing daily time sheets and paperwork accurately and efficiently.
- Completing mandatory health and safety work permits.
- Fantastic communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical and electrical faults.
- A full, clean UK driving licence held for a minimum of one year.
- Strong attention to detail and high levels of organisation.
- Ability to manage your own workload.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- IPATH licence would be preferable.
- Previous garage equipment service and repair experience.
In return for your skills, you will receive training and career development, as well as access to a company van. You’ll also enjoy one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including free private healthcare, life assurance and generous staff retail discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.