We’re recruiting for an encouraging and supportive Functional Skills Tutor to work in our GTG Wolverhampton training centre, with some travel across England to learners’ workplaces.
Full time, Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5.30pm with a half-hour for lunch.
About the role
As our Functional Skills Tutor, you’ll support all our apprentices in England on their way to successfully achieving a minimum of Level 2. You’ll make sure that learning is effective, well-resourced and interactive, and you’ll be committed to making sure our learners are well-rounded and confident.
You’ll already be an experienced Functional Skills Tutor with at least three years’ teaching experience, and hold a Level 3 teaching qualification or above. You’ll also be teaching English, mathematics and ICT as part of this requirement, so you’ll need to be fully conversant in all three categories.
- Producing lesson plans, aims and objectives for classroom activities.
- Reviewing and producing quality teaching resources.
- Delivering English, maths and ICT at Level 2 to all eligible learners, both at GTG and in the workplace.
- Supporting the team with stretch and challenge activities for all learners.
- Helping the team attain and maintain Level 2 functional skills.
- Tracking all learner progress, as per the GTG standard operating procedure.
- Making sure that your CPD and current knowledge base is relevant and up to date.
- A Level 3 teaching qualification.
- Maths and English at Level 2 or above.
- Knowledge of using Microsoft packages, in particular PowerPoint, is essential.
- Excellent people skills, and the ability to understand learning absorption.
- Understanding of and the ability to identify learning techniques for individualised delivery.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Previous experience using an e-portfolio system would be advantageous.
In return for your skills, you’ll enjoy some of the best employee benefits in the industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and staff discounts on new and used cars.
You’ll also be fully supported with a fully personalised induction and development plan. You can expect training towards your minimum CPD levels, too. You’ll be given use of a company car when you need it, as well as premium hotel accommodation.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.