Front End Engineer
Our mission in Arnold Clark’s Digital Product Development department is to change the face of digital retail, creating state of the art digital products that complement and enhance our industry-leading in-branch experience, and make us ‘Easy to do Business With’. Due to expansion, we are seeking a talented and experienced Front-end Engineer to join our multi-award-winning product development team, based at our vibrant head office in Hillington (Glasgow).
Full time, Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5pm
This role offers flexi-time. Core hours 10am – 3pm.
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in some exciting and high-profile projects. We are building a team of genuinely talented and passionate developers who are focused on doing things the right way. You’ll be working in an innovative agile environment and getting to work with leading-edge technologies.
The successful candidate will have a passion for delivering high quality products and have strong attention to detail. You should be driven and organised with exceptional problem-solving skills, as well as being a good communicator and a creative thinker.
- Working with product designers to rapidly prototype ideas.
- Working with the engineering team to build secure, performant and scalable products.
- Working with product owners and stakeholders to provide continuous business value following agile principles.
- Implementing designs in mobile-first responsive interfaces.
- Advocating for the end user in terms of UI and UX.
- Expert level of experience with HTML and CSS.
- Ability to hand-code valid, semantic and accessible HTML.
- Ability to write unit and integration tests for front-end applications.
- Experience of a Version Control System such as Git.
- Knowledge of cross browser/platform/device concerns in order to provide a unified customer experience.
- Knowledge of web performance considerations.
- TDD and/or BDD.
- Experience with a CSS pre-processor such as SASS or PostCSS.
- Knowledge of NodeJS.
- Exposure to full stack development.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, search engine optimisation, and A/B testing.