Our mission in Arnold Clark’s Digital Product Development department is to change the face of digital retail, creating state of the art digital products that complement and enhance our industry-leading in-branch experience, and make us ‘Easy to do Business With’. Due to expansion, we are seeking a talented and experienced Front-end Engineer to join our multi-award-winning product development team, based at our vibrant head office in Hillington (Glasgow).
Full time, Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5pm
This role offers flexi-time. Core hours 10am – 3pm.
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in some exciting and high-profile projects. We are building a team of genuinely talented and passionate developers who are focused on doing things the right way. You’ll be working in an innovative agile environment and getting to work with leading- edge technologies.
The successful candidate will have a passion for delivering high quality products and have strong attention to detail. You should be driven and organised with exceptional problem-solving skills, as well as being a good communicator and a creative thinker.
- Working with product designers to rapidly prototype ideas.
- Working with the engineering team to build secure, performant and scalable products.
- Working with product owners and stakeholders to provide continuous business value following agile principles.
- Implementing designs in mobile-first responsive interfaces.
- Advocating for the end user in terms of UI and UX.
- Expert level of experience with HTML and CSS.
- Ability to hand-code valid, semantic and accessible HTML.
- Ability to write unit and integration tests for front-end applications.
- Experience of a Version Control System such as git.
- Knowledge of cross browser/platform/device concerns in order to provide a unified customer experience.
- Knowledge of web performance considerations.
- TDD and/or BDD.
- Experience with a CSS pre-processor such as SASS or PostCSS.
- Knowledge of NodeJS.
- Exposure to full stack development.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, search engine optimisation, and A/B testing.