Why choose us?
- Remote working, with option to work in Head Office at Hillington
- Training and conference funds
- Private medical insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discount on vehicle purchases, servicing, parts and rental
As a Software Engineer at Arnold Clark, you will be key to achieving our vision of creating market-leading digital products that will put us at the forefront of retailing. Placing our customers at the heart of everything we do, you will transform their experience and help to drive our business forward.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in some exciting and high-profile projects, working alongside a team of genuinely talented and passionate people who are focused on doing things ‘the right way’. We’re looking for people who are excited by the prospect of working every day on interesting problems, while collaborating and exchanging knowledge with other members of the team.
- Work as a member of our ACF (Arnold Clark Finance) team to design, develop and deliver our industry-leading systems with the help of a senior front-end engineer.
- Work on a variety of projects like the fleet management tools used by our leasing customers and our vehicle rental ecommerce site which serves a UK and international audience.
- Work with UX designers to ensure the technical feasibility of designs.
- Work with back-end engineers to build secure, performant applications.
- Work with our Marketing department on areas such as SEO, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and promotional campaigns.
- Work with product owners and stakeholders to provide continuous business value following Agile principles.
- Advocate for the end user in terms of UI and UX.
- Experience with writing automated tests
- A good understanding of performance and accessibility best practices
- Goal-driven with great communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, and influencing skills
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do - diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to a satisfactory reference and disclosure check.