At Arnold Clark, our staff are key to us achieving our goal of creating market-leading digital products that will put us at the forefront of automotive retailing. As a result, we are seeking a talented and experienced Front End developer to join our talented product development team, based at our vibrant new head office in Hillington (Glasgow).
Full time, Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5pm
Flexible working is available with this role
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in some exciting and high-profile projects. We are building a team of genuinely talented and passionate developers who will be focused on doing things “the right way”.
The successful candidate will have a passion for delivering high quality web applications and have a strong attention to detail. You should be driven and organised with exceptional problem-solving skills, as well as being a good communicator and a creative thinker. You will be used to working under pressure and have a positive outlook.
• Working with designers to rapidly prototype ideas
• Implementing designs in responsive interfaces
• Advocating for the end user in terms of UI and UX
• Working with product owners and stakeholders to provide continuous business value following agile principles
• Expert level of experience with HTML, CSS and JS
• Ability to hand-code valid, semantic and accessible HTML
• Knowledge of cross browser/platform/device concerns in order to provide a unified customer experience
• Experience of a Version Control System such as git or svn
• Ability to write unit and integration tests for front end applications
• Experience with a CSS pre-processor such as SASS or PostCSS
• Exposure to full stack development in dotnet or Ruby on Rails
• Knowledge of NodeJS
• TDD and/or BDD
Don’t be fooled by the fact we sell cars. Our business is changing to meet the needs of today’s development community, and as a result, you can expect the following benefits and perks when you work for us:
• Remote working
• Training and conference fund
• Amazing working environment
• Casual dress
• Private medical insurance
• Contributory pension scheme
• Life assurance
• Discount on vehicle purchase, servicing, parts and rental
• Cycle to work scheme
• High-powered laptop and choice between working on a Mac or PC
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Please see below link to find more about our current Digital Product Development Team