At Arnold Clark, our staff are key to us achieving our goal of creating market-leading digital products that will put us at the forefront of automotive retailing. As a result, we are seeking a talented and experienced Front End developer to join our talented product development team, based at our vibrant new head office in Hillington (Glasgow).
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in some exciting and high-profile projects. We are building a team of genuinely talented and passionate developers who will be focused on doing things “the right way”.
The successful candidate will have a passion for delivering high quality web applications and have a strong attention to detail. You should be driven and organised with exceptional problem-solving skills, as well as being a good communicator and a creative thinker. You will be used to working under pressure and have a positive outlook.
• Working with designers to rapidly prototype ideas
• Implementing designs in responsive interfaces
• Advocating for the end user in terms of UI and UX
• Working with product owners and stakeholders to provide continuous business value following agile principles
• Expert level of experience with HTML, CSS and JS
• Ability to hand-code valid, semantic and accessible HTML
• Knowledge of cross browser/platform/device concerns in order to provide a unified customer experience
• Experience of a Version Control System such as git or svn
• Ability to write unit and integration tests for front end applications
• Experience with a CSS pre-processor such as SASS or PostCSS
• Exposure to full stack development in dotnet or Ruby on Rails
• Knowledge of NodeJS
• TDD and/or BDD
Don’t be fooled by the fact we sell cars. Our business is changing to meet the needs of today’s development community, and as a result, you can expect the following benefits and perks when you work for us:
• Remote working
• Training and conference fund
• Amazing working environment
• Casual dress
• Private medical insurance
• Contributory pension scheme
• Life assurance
• Discount on vehicle purchase, servicing, parts and rental
• Cycle to work scheme
• High-powered laptop and choice between working on a Mac or PC
EMPLOYMENT WITHIN THE ARNOLD CLARK GROUP IS OFFERED SUBJECT TO SATISFACTORY REFERENCE AND DISCLOSURE CHECK.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.