We’re looking to hire an experienced Fire and Security Trainer to work from our GTG training centre at South Street, Glasgow.
We can offer you:
- 33 days’ annual leave with room to grow
- £32,000 - £33,000 per annum
- Company car
- Generous employee discounts
- Private healthcare and sick pay cover
- Maternity and paternity packages
- …and much more!
Full time: Monday – Friday, 8am – 4.30pm
The role will be primarily based at GTG South Street. However, it will also involve regular travel to and from the offices and workplaces of our apprentices.
About the role
As a Fire and Security Trainer, you will be responsible for training apprentices to the highest standards in our sector-leading training centre as they work towards industry-accredited qualifications.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in the Fire and Security industry, demonstrating technical skills and knowledge about the latest technology in electronic fire and security systems. You will be up to date on current industry standards, and you will have experience in Intruder, Fire, CCTV and Access Control systems.
Previous training experience is not required, however, we are looking for someone with a recognised qualification in electronic fire and security systems.
- Carrying out training and education in a safe manner, subject to health and safety, COSHH and other mandatory regulations.
- Using appropriate training and education methods at all times.
- Assisting the team leader and automotive manager in maintaining discipline and ensuring all trainees comply with company policy.
- Controlling the compiling of trainees’ VQs, underpinning knowledge and completing documentation.
- Assessing trainees according to standards set by awarding bodies and the Sector Skills Council.
- Ensuring that all trainees receive training using current methods and keep up to date with technological developments.
- Providing welfare support and guidance to apprentices and employers.
- Carry out reviews with both apprentice and employer to comply with Skills Development Scotland.
Essential skills and experience
- An industry-recognised qualification in fire and security systems
- A proven track record in electronic fire and security systems with at least five years’ experience
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- The ability to multi-task between teaching and assessing
- Must be skills in all four disciplines including Intruder, Fire, Access and CCTV.
Nice to have but not essential
- Assessor qualification
- Networking and cyber security experience
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.