We are looking for talented, dedicated video professionals to join the growing Film Studio team.
We offer our Video Editors:
- 33 days’ annual leave which will grow with years of service
- Access to latest film and editing equipment
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance
- Generous staff discounts
- Opportunities for training and progression
- Contributory pension scheme
- Maternity and paternity packages
- …and much more
Full time: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5.30pm
The role is mainly based in our studio facility in Glasgow. However, you will also be expected to capture and edit video content on location around the UK.
Hybrid working is also available.
About the role
Working alongside the award-winning Marketing and Digital teams, you will be responsible for taking the Arnold Clark brand story and bringing it to life across multiple channels. From national TV campaigns and YouTube through to internal communications and training, video is at the heart of how Arnold Clark communicates with its customers and colleagues.
We don’t believe in a ‘typical week’ – you could be editing cars filmed in the studio, interviewing the CEO or working on a national TV Ad as well as everything in between – we like the variety and think it’s what keeps things exciting. It’s not just about cars!
The ideal candidate
You will be a motivated, talented self-starter with a passion for telling stories in a creative, stylish way. Some on-set experience will be a great help on our bigger shoots, and you’ll be very comfortable working with Adobe Creative Suite. You’ll be fully up to speed with After Effects and know how to create and animate assets to help tell your story.
You will be comfortable with media management and workflows and be prepared to help take the lead in shaping this part of the studio going forward.
You’ll be used to a fast-paced working environment and will have no problem keeping on top of multiple stakeholders and managing timescales and budgets across different areas of the business – there’s quite a few!
It goes without saying you will be an excellent communicator and will be able to pitch new ideas and treatments in an easy to understand, jargon-free way to key decision makers.
- Reporting directly to the Head of Video, you will take the lead on both internal and external video creation.
- You will work closely with senior stakeholders and Marketing and Communications Executives to devise, execute and ultimately edit video content at either our studio facility in Glasgow or on location around the UK with the rest of the studio team.
- You will be editing social media content for our Communications team and automotive content for our website.
- You will also be able to get your teeth into our larger brand TV productions and will be heavily involved in the production of our national sponsorship idents.
Essential skills and experience
- 2-3 years’ experience as an editor
- Experience handling and grading footage from Sony 4K cameras such as the FS7, A7s3 and FX3
- Knowledge and good understanding of motion graphics
- Knowledge with colour correction/grading, sound design is a plus
- Ability to translate a creative idea into a storyboard to share with a client
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.