We’re recruiting for a highly organised and proactive Facilities Manager based in North West England (Manchester/Liverpool), with regular travel to other branches in the surrounding areas.
Full time, Monday–Friday, 8.30am–5pm
Flexible working is available with this role
About the role
At Arnold Clark, we put customer service at the heart of everything we do, and that means keeping our branches well maintained and operating smoothly at all times. As Facilities Manager, you will be a gifted organiser, able to see the bigger picture and committed to making sure that both planned and reactive maintenance is managed to the highest standards.
This brand-new role would be a great fit for someone with a proven background in property and facilities management. You will communicate and negotiate with a large variety of people, from managers to contractors, so strong interpersonal skills are essential, as is a flexible approach to travel.
- Managing and overseeing all planned and reactive maintenance works at branches within your designated region.
- Carrying out regular branch visits to build relationships with branch management, inspect previous works and scope future projects.
- Managing the performance of contractors against agreed KPIs.
- Carrying out regular contractor performance reviews and playing a key role in the contractor selection process.
- Keeping records and maintaining the Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) system in conjunction with the Estates department.
- Managing small refurbishment and construction projects.
- Supporting the professional development of assistant facilities managers.
- Deputising for the Facilities Operations Manager in their absence. #LI-CM2
- Over 3 years’ experience in a multi-site facilities/property management role.
- A proven track record of contractor management, cost management, defect prevention and identification.
- Previous knowledge of managing maintenance work over a large estate or portfolio.
- A full, clean, UK driving licence held for a minimum of one year.
- Experience of planning and programming carried out in line with current legislation.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Capable of adopting a hands-on, flexible and practical approach.
- Experience of CAFM software.
- A professional and approachable manner.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- An IOSH or NEBOSH qualification.
- Membership of BIFM and/or RICS.
- Asbestos Duty to Manage training.
In return for your skills, you’ll receive access to a company car and fuel card, flexible hours and a mobile phone and laptop. You’ll also enjoy from one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and generous staff retail discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.