Due to recent expansion in the team we’re looking to recruit an enthusiastic and organised Facilities Manager based within the Yorkshire area, with extensive travel to branches across the UK.
Full time: Monday–Friday, 8.30am–5pm
About the role
As Facilities Manager, you’ll play a key part in the Facilities Management team, making sure that our estates meet the needs of our employees and customers and helping to manage all aspects of planned and reactive maintenance.
This exciting role will be a great fit for someone who wants to take the next step in a facilities management career. You’ll be organised, flexible and able to successfully communicate and negotiate with managers and contractors on a daily basis.
- Assisting the management with all planned and reactive maintenance works at branches within your designated geographical area.
- Carrying out regular branch visits to inspect previous works, scope future projects and build strong relationships with branch managers.
- Assisting the facilities manager in carrying out regular contractor performance reviews and selecting contractors.
- Maintaining the Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) system in conjunction with estate management record keeping.
- Deputising for the facilities manager in their absence.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Good communication skills.
- Can demonstrate good organisational skills.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Capable of adopting a hands-on, flexible and practical approach to the job.
- A professional and presentable manner.
- A flexible schedule, as travel is an essential part of this role.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Previous experience in a facilities or property management role.
- Experience of using CAFM software.
- Experience of contractor management and building good working relationships with contractors.
- Awareness of current asbestos, water management and electrical safety guidelines.
- IOSH qualification.
- Working towards BIFM membership.
- Asbestos awareness training.
In return for your skills, you’ll receive access to a company car, mobile phone and laptop, and one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and generous staff retail discounts.
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.