We’re looking to hire an Environmental Compliance Officer to work from our Kilbirnie Street office in Glasgow.
Why choose Arnold Clark?
- 33 days’ annual leave with room to grow
- Generous retail discounts
- Flexible working
- Enhanced maternity and paternity packages
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance
- Training opportunities
- ….and much more
Full Time, Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5pm.
About the role
As an Environmental Compliance Officer, you will help Arnold Clark meet its environmental obligations and objectives by developing an environmental compliance strategy with requirements for employees to follow, educating the different departments on how to meet them, while owning the performance and adherence record of the Group.
- Creating policies and procedures against current legislation and regulation to define any opportunities for improvement.
- Generate a plan for achieving environmental compliance and best practice.
- Educate the different departments on their environmental obligations, objectives, and how they can meet them.
- Own and be accountable for the performance and adherence record by ensuring that different parts of the business are meeting their obligations and objectives.
- Advise the Board of Directors and Group Safety Support Manager on major environmental risk identification and mitigation.
Essential skills and experience
- Minimum of two years’ demonstrable experience in environmental consultancy or regulatory body (SEPA or Environmental Agency)
- NEBOSH Diploma in Environmental Management or other equivalent qualifications +2 years’ experience (NEBOSH Certificate qualification is acceptable if accompanied by 5+ years’ experience)
- Understanding of the environmental regulatory regime applied across the UK and experience of auditing and compliance assessment processes
- Proficient in identifying environmental risks and liabilities and developing plans to mitigate them
- Membership to professional institutions such as the Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment (IEMA) at a graduate or higher level would also be advantageous
- Full clean driving license. Must be prepared to travel across the UK
- Acts on own initiative without having to rely on being told what to do
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to process large quantities of information without letting important details slip through
- Demonstrates a broad understanding of our business operations, priorities, and objectives and can make decisions that are aligned to them
- Enjoys working in a team and has the ability to establish collaborative working relationships
- Strong leadership skills with ability to develop plans, communicate them effectively, and secure buy-in from others to follow the stated course of action. Takes personal ownership or results
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.
Employment with the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory references and disclosure checks.