We’re currently looking for Electric Vehicle Technicians to work at our Rutherglen Battery Competence centre in Glasgow to help get our customers’ cars ready for the road ahead.
We offer our Electric Vehicle Technicians:
- £35,000 - £45,000 OTE
- Rutherglen Battery Competence Centre
- Starting from 33 days’ annual leave
- Toolbox cover
- Training provided across all Volkswagen (and equivalent) models
- Generous employee discounts
- Salary review twice a year
- Private health care and sick pay
- Maternity and paternity packages
Keen to expand your knowledge? We need you.
As an Electric Vehicle Technician, you’ll safely prepare Arnold Clark’s electric vehicle customers’ cars for the roads ahead. At Arnold Clark, we recognise the way we drive is changing, and we are committed to investing in brand-new technology. With Innovation Centres in both Glasgow and Stafford committed purely to educating the public about the advancement in electric vehicles, we want to help our customers get ahead of the curve and provide them with a world-class service.
Interested in becoming part of the Electric Vehicle Technician team? We will provide full Volkswagen, Seat, Skoda and Audi electric vehicle training to add to what you already bring to the role. This role would be a great fit for a current technician looking to develop their career in automotive.
- Technical knowledge to allow you to carry out repairs and maintenance of customer vehicles confidently and safely
- Able to demonstrate capability and confidence in using systems and equipment within the workshop
- Experience within a franchise dealer working to the highest quality standards
- Experience of working to productivity targets
- Working as part of a team to achieve the best results for the customer
- Qualified by experience in post or Level 3 Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Repair and maintenance of all elective vehicles.
- Working within strict health and safety guidelines.
- Maintaining manufacturer standards.
- Carry out all (high-voltage relevant) maintenance, servicing and repair tasks on all electric vehicles.
- Inspecting vehicle’s electrical components to diagnose issues accurately, using computer-based diagnostic equipment.
- Repairing or replacing broken or defective parts and resolving defects.
- Carrying out DVSA vehicle testing (if authorised).
- Road testing vehicles to check repairs.
- Maintaining equipment and making sure tools are in good condition.
- Following checklists to ensure all procedures are completed.
- Completing all documentation to the required standard.
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.