We are looking for an experienced Driver Valater Team leader to join our team at our Milton Keynes Car & Van Rental site.
What we can offer
- 33 days’ annual leave
- Flexible leave
- Generous employee discounts
- Private healthcare
- Workplace pension
- …and much more
Monday - Friday, 8.00am - 5.00pm. Occasional Saturdays
About the role
The position involves working with the branch supervisor in leading the driver/valet team and helping to maintain and improve an efficient and profitable rental location. You will be answerable to the branch manager, regional manager, area manager, operations manager and general manager.
Your duties will be split between different aspects of the business:
- Carry out instructions from Head Office and senior management.
- Liaise with internal and external organisations.
- Organise daily deliveries and collections as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Maintain valet materials stock levels.
- Promote good relationships within and between branches.
- Promote Think Customer throughout the department and the Group.
- Support the branch manager in the operational day-to-day running of the branch.
- Work additional hours when required to meet the demands of the business.
- Ensure security checks are completed on a daily basis.
- Act professionally at all times when dealing with customers at handover or collection.
- Ensure all vehicles are delivered on time and collected in a timely manner.
- Promote good customer service at all times.
- Ensure all staff follow Health & Safety guidelines and relevant paperwork is kept up to date.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed accurately.
- Ensure staff keep valet bay and all work areas clean and tidy.
- Implement new procedures as set by management and ensure they continue to be followed.
- Lead and motivate the team.
- Promote good communication with both staff and management.
- Adhere to road regulations and conduct yourself in a courteous manner at all times when driving company vehicles.
- Carry out quality spot checks to ensure all vehicles are prepared to company standards for both cleanliness and safety checks.
- Ensure all key cabinets are locked at all times and keys are secured overnight.
- Ensure all faults and damage are reported to front counter staff and management.
- Protect company assets.
- Computer literate
- Customer Service Experience
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- The confidence to work independently and as part of a team.
- Highly organised with the ability to multi-task.
- Confidence with building relationships with internal/external stakeholders
- Full UK License held for at least 1 year
Preferred (Not essential)
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks.