We’re recruiting for a talented Digital Product Designer to work in our market-leading Digital Product Development team.
Full time, 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
About the role
As a Digital Product Designer at Arnold Clark, you’ll make decisions and contribute to outcomes that have a massive impact on the customer experience and on the success of the business.
As the business moves towards a completely digital customer journey, we have an opportunity to be at the cutting edge of vehicle retailing by designing and building customer experiences and products that no one else can. The Arnold Clark Digital department key to completely digitising and revolutionising how our customers interact and transact with us.
You’ll use data and insights to inform your design decisions and test your UX solutions with real customers and on our remote testing platforms.
As a Digital Product Designer for the UK’s largest independently owned, family-run car retailer, you’ll work as part of our award-winning, cross-functional team, making tangible contributions to customer and business goals.
Each of our digital products offer exciting and unique UX challenges every day, and you’ll be collaborating on innovative ways to improve the Arnold Clark customer experience and drive car retailing into the future.
- Working across a range of digital products, including our website, business-critical internal systems, our customer app and more.
- Being all over each stage of the process, from user research, wireframing and prototyping to user testing and delivering high-fidelity prototypes.
- Working closely with product owners and product managers to ensure the best features are being shipped that deliver for the customer and the business.
- Working closely with engineers to see your work through to deployment.
- You should get excited by design thinking, user research and user testing just as much as you do by creating beautiful screen designs.
- An excellent portfolio that demonstrates UX design, UI design and digital product design work.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to talk through each and every one of your design decisions.
- Experience working with other designers, product owners, engineers and stakeholders.
- A genuine passion for solving real problems with design.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Experience working within an agile software development environment.
- Experience building prototypes with HTML, SCSS and JS.
As for benefits, we've got you covered:
- Latest Industry Tools - Sketch, Abstract, Invision, Adobe CC, Balsamiq, UserTesting.com and Usability Hub.
- Bonus Scheme - hard work is rewarded at Arnold Clark with our bi-annual performance related bonus.
- Time to get refreshed - 30 days annual leave.
- Not a suit in sight - our dress code is business casual so jeans are allowed!
- Industry Events - You'll have the opportunity to attend industry conferences and courses.
- Creative Workspace - our office is vibrant and open plan with many collaborative workspaces. No need to be stuck at your desk all day!
- Looking for a new set of wheels? You'll enjoy employee discounts on cars, rentals, servicing and more.
- Private Healthcare - we offer employees private medical insurance in partnership with AXA.
- Life Assurance - our employees are eligible for life assurance.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Closing Date: 17 May 2021