We’re recruiting for talented Digital Product Designers to work at our market-leading Digital Product Development department at our head office in Hillington, Glasgow.
Full time, Monday to Friday within a Flexitime framework.
The option of working from home is also available.
About the role
Due to growth and some exciting new products in the works, we have a number of job openings for our Digital Product Designer role.
As a Digital Product Designer for the UK’s largest independently owned, family-run car retailer, you’ll work as part of our award-winning, cross-functional team, with the opportunity to work on a wide range of products both public-facing and internal.
Each of our digital products offers exciting and unique UX challenges every day, and you’ll be collaborating on innovative ways to improve the Arnold Clark customer experience and drive car retailing into the future.
Day to day duties
- Working across a range of digital products, including our website, business-critical internal systems, our customer app and more.
- Being all over each stage of the process, from user research, wireframing and prototyping to user testing and delivering high-fidelity prototypes.
- Working closely with engineers to see your work through to deployment.
- You should get excited by design thinking, user research and user testing just as much as you do by creating beautiful screen designs.
- An excellent portfolio that demonstrates UX design, UI design and digital product design work.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to talk through each and every one of your design decisions.
- Experience working with other designers, product owners, engineers and stakeholders.
- A genuine passion for solving real problems with design.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Experience working within an agile software development environment.
- Experience building prototypes with HTML, SCSS and JS.
In exchange for your skills, you’ll work in a collaborative and relaxed environment, and receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including a monthly lunch subsidy, free shuttle bus, private health insurance and generous retail discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.