We’re recruiting for a Digital Product Designer to join the team at our vibrant head office in Hillington, Glasgow.
About the role
Working as part of an agile development team, you’ll contribute to our varied portfolio of digital products.
We’re looking for someone who really loves their work - if solving problems is what drives you then you’ll probably fit in well.
We foster a strong team ethic and actively encourage all of our members of staff to contribute ideas towards the success of our websites, so if you’re overly precious and don’t react well to feedback, it’s likely that you’re not the one we’re looking for.
- Working across a range of digital products including our award-winning website, business critical internal systems, our customer app and many more. Each of our digital products offers exciting and unique UX challenges every day.
- You’ll be all over each stage of the process, including user research, wireframing, prototyping, user testing, delivering high fidelity prototypes and working closely with front end developers to see your work through to deployment.
- You should get excited by design thinking, user research and user testing just as much as you do by creating beautiful screen designs.
- You should be a great communicator and always be able to talk through each and every one of your design decisions.
- You won’t be afraid to get your hands dirty with a bit of HTML and SCSS.
- You’ll have a strong digital background and using Creative Suite or Sketch will be second nature, but most importantly you’ll have a pro-active, can-do attitude.
- Obviously, it goes without saying that you’ll love staying up-to-date with the latest techniques and technologies and have a strong portfolio to demonstrate your previous successes.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Experience of designing within an agile environment.
For the right person we’ll be offering an excellent package, including:
- Competitive salary
- Performance-related bonus
- A MacBook Pro and 4k 27-inch monitor
- Latest industry software
- Opportunity to work from home
- Annual training/conference budget
- Ergonomic chair and height adjustable desk
- Subsidised lunches and free tea and coffee
- Discounts when you’re buying a car
- Discounts on all your motoring costs
- Life assurance
- Private medical cover
- Contributory pension
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks.