We’re looking for a new Digital Product Designer to join our award-winning Digital team at our Head Office in Hillington.
About the role
The Arnold Clark Digital team are completely digitising and revolutionising the automotive customer experience. We have an opportunity to solve some of the most interesting and complex customer problems with user-centred design.
As a Digital Product Designer, you’ll make decisions and contribute to projects that have a massive impact on our customers’ experience and on the success of the business. You’ll use data and insights to inform your design decisions and test your UX solutions with real customers.
Arnold Clark is the UK’s largest independently owned, family-run car retailer and you’ll play a crucial role in our award-winning, cross-functional team. Every day you’ll make real and impactful contributions to our customer and business goals.
Each of our digital products offer exciting and unique UX challenges, and you’ll be collaborating on innovative ways to drive these products forward and drive car retailing into the future.
About Arnold Clark’s Digital Product Design team
We are a growing team of Digital Product Designers who are extremely passionate about our work and craft. We work hard to foster a strong sense of community in our team while collaborating on different products across all of Arnold Clark Digital.
How do we do this?
- We have weekly design critiques where each designer has the opportunity to influence every piece of product design work across the wider digital team
- We collaborate as a team on…
- Our constantly evolving design principles
- Our design system and CSS framework
- Hack day projects to grow our team’s understanding of new technologies and methodologies
- We regularly go away to conferences, exhibitions and events as a team
- We give our designers the tools, resources, and autonomy to do the best work possible
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone who has the ability to work across a range of digital products, including our website, business-critical internal systems, our customer app and more. Our designers will get a chance to work on a variety of different digital products and different customer problems during their time here.
We want you to be all over each stage of the product design process, from user research, wireframing and prototyping to user testing and delivering high-fidelity prototypes.
You’ll be comfortable working closely with product owners and product managers to ensure the best features are being delivered for the customer and the business.
You’ll love working closely with engineers to see your vision through to production.
Naturally you should get excited by design thinking, user research and user testing, just as much as you do by creating beautiful screen designs.
Strong communication skills are essential, as well as the ability to talk through each and every one of your design decisions.
We’re also looking for someone who has experience of working with other designers, product owners, engineers and stakeholders and who brings a genuine passion for solving real problems with design.
Nice to have, but not essential…
If you already have experience working in an agile software development environment or building your own prototypes with HTML, SCSS and JS, we’d especially love to hear from you!
What you’ll get in return…
- Very competitive salary.
- 33 days holiday which increases the longer you’re with us up to 40 days.
- Latest industry tools (Sketch, Abstract, Invision, Adobe CC, Balsamiq, UserTesting.com, Usability Hub)
- A blended approach to home and office working. Prefer to work mostly from home? That’s fine. Prefer to work mostly in the office? That’s also fine
- Training and conference budget. As a design team, we’ve attended Smashing Conf, Canvas Conf, Dibi, UX Scotland, UX Brighton, New Adventures In Web Design to name just a few
- Health and wellbeing
- Half price PureGym membership
- You’re covered from your very first day with us with life assurance and AXA healthcare
- Free online fitness classes with our dedicated health and wellbeing partner
- Access to amazing retail discounts and offers with our discount partner Take Time. These include big discounts at…
- Virgin Media
- And many more
- An interest-free loan scheme for employees
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free car parking at our Head Office in Hillington
- Free shuttle bus from nearby train stations to our Head Office.
- The opportunity to work with great people and solve real problems.
- Discounts when buying a car
- Contributory pension scheme
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
What to include in your application
We’re interested in speaking to talented and passionate designers of all experience levels. Just be sure to include the following in your application…
- Your CV and any other info you think is relevant
- At least one case study of a real project you’ve worked on and are proud of. A strong portfolio that shows off your UX, design thinking and communication skills would be preferable.
- Anything else that you think would be good for us to see, like Dribbble, Github, Behance etc.
Employment with the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory references and disclosure checks.