Why choose us?
- Hybrid working model to work both from home and at the office
- Training and conference funds
- Private medical insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discount on vehicle purchases, servicing, parts and rental
What you can expect
As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll have a key role in our cross-functional squads, influencing the technical approach we take to building, deploying and maintaining our digital products. You’ll help to establish best practice around continuous integration and continuous deployment, while evangelising automation throughout the development process and infrastructure.
We are looking for people with a “can do” attitude to changes in the requirements, the technologies, and the problems we are solving at short notice. We want people who are pragmatic and can adapt as situations evolve and always want to learn new things.
- Deploying and maintaining critical applications.
- Using monitoring to measure service performance.
- Utilizing infrastructure-as-code to deliver automated, predictable and scalable solutions, infrastructure and services.
- Empowering development squads to build and deliver software solutions and services.
- Evangelising automated, fault-tolerant and secure developments and practices.
- Investigating and managing any anomalies to resolution and assisting in wider investigations as required.
- Supporting and working alongside engineering teams on the latest technologies
- On-call rota
- Linux Administration with strong scripting skills
- Experience of infrastructure as code tools such as Ansible and Terrraform
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Strong judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Experience maintaining and deploying highly available, fault-tolerant systems at scale
- Networking, routing and firewall knowledge
- HAProxy deployment and availability tuning
- Monitoring and alerting using tools such as Icinga
- Creation and management of CI / CD pipelines
- MySQL / MariaDB / Galera cluster design, deployment, tuning and management
- Knowledge of containerisation – Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience of Cloud provisioning and admin (Azure)
- Redis deployment and management
- vSphere / VMWare
What you can expect from us
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do - diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.