Arnold Clark is looking for an experienced Dev Ops Lead for their thriving Digital Product Development department in Hillington.
About the role
As Dev Ops Lead, you’ll be heading our small but beautiful development team, based at Arnold Clark’s head office in Glasgow. Your vision will help to shape the future of our Dev Ops offering.
You’ll be an enthusiastic, hands-on problem solver, dedicated to supporting and improving critical systems across the company. You should be passionate about delighting stakeholders and committed to creating futureproof solutions that enhance customer experience.
- Guiding and coaching a technical team to achieve team and departmental objectives.
- Developing your team’s skills via one-to-ones, goal setting, mentoring and coaching.
- Stakeholder management and conflict resolution.
- Carrying out agile software development practices, including running early and often, improving feedback and retrospectives.
- Dealing with Linux and web platforms, with an emphasis on stability, security and high availability.
- Delivering disaster recovery infrastructure failover and testing scenarios, from planning to delivery.
- Working on virtualisation platforms and cloud provider concepts (AWS and Azure).
- Scripting and API concepts.
- Networking and DNS troubleshooting.
- Monitoring and alerting concepts.
- CI/CD application deployment.
- Previous experience of technical leading on Linux and web platforms.
- Experience working in an Enterprise IT environment, including multiple technologies and legacy code bases.
- Fantastic communication and influencing skills, with the ability to guide your team to success.
- Focused on team goals, results driven with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- A thorough understanding of database concepts (RDBMS and NoSQL), load balancing and proxy concepts, and version control systems.
- Knowledge of tools such as Docker, Microservices, Mesos, Kubernetes, Swarm, Consul, plus automation tools (Ansible, Capistrano, GoCD, Jenkins, ServerSpec.)
Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm, with some out of hours on-call support (team rota). Flexible working is available for this role.
In exchange for your skills and experience, you will be offered a competitive salary and one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including private health care, life assurance and generous employee discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.